Monday, March 19, 2007

MIRROR - A Pilgrim's Solace CDR @ 258 VBR - Three Poplars, UK, 2003

Being an extremely limited edition and clocking in at about 32 minutes, this artifact by Chalk and Heemann is a trembling candle light, an uncertain look to a dubious future.

Contrarily to most of their records, where Mirror sooner or later take out their "big chord" after a while, "A Pilgrim's Solace" is all built around a single static cluster, a never resolving timbral group made of strings, metals and vibrating parts, giving very few clues to find a way out of the hypnotic trance.

It's music permeated with the usual sense of depth, a distinct sound that separates Mirror from any other self-defined "shaman" in the current "isolationist" area; any release by this duo is a marvel, a storm of thoughts, a movement at the bottom of your conscience.

The usual beautiful hand-made cover contributes to another piece of art.

Review by: http://spazioinwind.libero.it/

As always, this is my own rip. I don't borrow from other sites. So only the highest quality.

Limited to 150 (long sold out) copies.

Enjoy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Caleb Deupree said...

Welcome back! I'm enough of an ICR junkie that I had some of the items you've posted, but certainly not all of them. I was very sorry when you took a leave of absence, because this is really great music and, as you point out, virtually impossible to find. Many, many thanks for this and the other rareties.

March 19, 2007 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger ms.tambourine said...

Finally one of my favorites mp3 blogs is back.
Thanks!
I hope those deleters won't bother again.
See ya

March 19, 2007 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger ShardsOfBeauty said...

Thanks immensely for these rare Mirror recordings. I am a big fan but have never been able to find/afford these.

March 19, 2007 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger ShardsOfBeauty said...

Thank you immensely for these rare Mirror recordings. Very much appreciated.

March 19, 2007 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger square dancer said...

Hi,

loving your blog, tons of respect for consistently coming up with great shares! The deletion of your earlier posts is such a fucking shame really. I know it's quite annoying having to re-up stuff, but would it be possible to upload Night Passages again? Missed out on that one first time around and I'd really like to hear it. Anyway, thanks a lot for your great blog!

March 20, 2007 at 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO NEED TO POST THIS.

Thought you might be interested in this. The very best audio grabber for cds and it's freeware.

Here is the quick install manual:

http://users.pandora.be/satcp/eac-qs-en.htm

March 20, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home